Thursday, December 22, 2011

Temple Square

Luis hadn't ever been to see the lights at Temple Square during Christmas. Since this is one of my favorite things, I insisted that we go, even though it was FREEZING cold outside.
Luckily, my friend Sasha was there with his girlfriend and his awesome camera. He took these pics for us. MUCH better than the pics some stranger would have taken for us using my phone! ;)

I love the nativities from the different countries and the luminaria with words in different languages. Every time I visit Temple Square, I walk through the same places and look for the same things. It's beautiful and peaceful, even if it is freezing cold.

Sasha's girlfriend had to leave, but he came with Luis and I to a laser show at Clark Planetarium. I love laser shows and have been dozens of times, but neither Luis or Sasha had every been. They were floored. Super impressed. We saw the Pink Floyd show and, though we didn't know all of the songs, we really enjoyed it. We even had some astronaut ice cream. :) We stayed at Sasha's in Draper that night. He made us a fantastic dinner and it was a lot of fun to catch up with him. Sasha and I met when I was a missionary in Zaparozhye and we've done pretty well keeping in touch since then, especially now that he lives in Utah.

The next morning, Luis and I went back to the conference center for Music and the Spoken Word. Again, he'd never been and it's one of my favorite things to see. Jane Seymour narrated the program, which included music, dance, and verse. Members from all around the valley volunteer their time and talents to put together an amazing concert. President Monson was in attendance and everyone stood in silent respect when he walked into the room. It's a very powerful feeling and we enjoyed feeling the spirit that music brought into the room.

It doesn't matter how many times I've been, Temple Square is still a magical place for me. I'm glad we found the time to visit on our whirlwind trip to Utah.

No comments: