Monday, September 17, 2007

UNLV?


I've been a Rebel for the past year and a half. I kept thinking I'd get used to it, but somehow I just can't. I'm working on my Masters (and definitely have a better GPA than I did in real college), but I still don't really like to tell people I'm taking classes at UNLV.

I feel like I'm betraying my real school. I mean, growing up, I've always been an Aggie. We always had season tickets to basketball and football games. I remember screaming mean things about Tark's Sharks from the stands. I was taught from childhood to hate BYZoo first and UNLV second.

I am an Aggie. Real BLUE. True blue. The only blue that really matters. I have an official "True Aggie Card" in my scrapbook to prove it.

So, even after I graduate in May and FINALLY have my Masters, I probably won't tell people about that. I think I'll just continue to tell people I'm an Aggie.

2 comments:

cropstar said...

UTAH STATE! HEY! AGGIES ALL THE WAY! GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

USU is pretty much the greatest place on earth. I'm still homesick for it. No school will ever compare! Esp UNLV. I love the people in Vegas expect you to care about the Rebels just because you live in Vegas. No way.

Maursupial said...

I know exactly what you mean. Of course, I'm one of THOSE people who graduated from BYU (Go Cougars!!). Still, I just can't quite get the feeling that UNLV isn't for reals. . .