Sunday, April 12, 2009

budget cuts are killing our future...

Seriously. This is ridiculous. Our school has decided to discontinue the AVID program. My heart is broken. I've worked with the AVID program for 7 years already and I've seen the power it has to help students.

CCSD has AVID programs at 32 middle and high schools. I personally promised 150 students at Vista that this program would be there to support them throughout high school and help them prepare for college. This sucks. It really, really, really sucks.

This is ridiculous. Not only is my school cutting AVID, a program which has consumed me for the past 5 years, but we're cutting choir. Choir!

I wouldn't be too surprised if, in the next little while, the federal government was forced to do this:

Treasury Department Issues Emergency Recall Of All US Dollars

or this:


US To Trade Gold Reserves For Cash Through Cash4Gold.com

No comments: