Thursday, May 1, 2008

I hate UNLV.

I've mentioned this before, right? I still hate it.
Countdown til graduation??? 13 days. Lucky #13. I'm too cool to WALK at graduation and really, nobody would come to see me walk, but I'm definitely hoping to get some nice cards (hopefully nice cards that have cash/ checks/ giftcards inside).
Thanks. :)

p.s. How's this for a good intro?
When Reverend Jesse Jackson spoke at the high school I worked in last year, he asked everyone to stand and repeat the phrase, “Strong minds break strong chains.” He told the students that, although their living circumstances may seem bleak, an education has the power to help people overcome obstacles that may seem insurmountable. He was right. Understanding the politics of education, continuing research related to poverty, and fostering real literacy development through examining and refining existing literacy programs can help students to break these chains.

One paragraph down... thousands to go. Thousands.

No comments: