Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Turkey

Somehow, Galya and I ended up here and we're staying here. Basically, it's pretty amazing. Handsome men. HOT, HOT sun. Beautiful clear water and nice beaches. Good food. Nice 4* hotel with a strong air conditioner. Crazy discotekas. Basically, it's pretty much perfect. We even saw a guy leading 3 camels (a small family, maybe. mom, dad, and baby camel) across the street on our way back from an "excursion" to Mura-Kekova.

Kemer is pretty small and peaceful. The people are friendly and it's safe, even at 4:30 when we're walking back to our hotel from the club. It's a tourist town and most of the tourists are from Russia, so the people have adapted and most of them speak Russian fairly well. I haven't met any Americans the entire time we've been here, but I saw a family from Canada. Everyone assumes I'm Russian and, since it's not their native language, they don't notice my accent. :) We spent too long at the beach yesterday, helping some cute young men from Istanbul practice their English, so I am suffering from a beautiful, red sunburn. I'm hiding out in the air conditioned internet cafe this afternoon, while it's still really hot. Somehow, I'm sure I'll work up the strength to go out tonight. Turkey is playing in the World Cup finals and the people go a little crazy watching the games. It's one of the most entertaining things I've seen so far. The won the one of the semi-final games the other night, so they shut of the main street and everyone hopped into their cars and drove up and down the road. Honking horns, waving Turkish flags and soccer jerseys out the window... Very entertaining. I'll post some pics when I get back to Kiev. :)

No comments: