Friday, July 4, 2008

Alosha


My friend, Alosha, invited me to watch him work. INTER, a television station here in Kiev, is filming a half-hour program about one of his projects. It's basically the Ukrainian version of Extreme Home Makeover or This Old House.

He's building a fake tree in the middle of a living room and putting a flat screen TV in the middle of it. Unusual, yes, but pretty much a regular day's work for Alosha. :) He's a painter, sculpter, designer... талентливый молодой чеповек. When we worked at Disneyland in Paris, he buuilt trees like that all the time! (Sadly, when he lived with me in Barstow there were no orders for fake trees, but lots of orders for portraits.) You can check out his work here. You'll also find my portrait on the site. (Aww...)

Here's some pics of the beginning... (Don't anyone worry. I'll update the with pics of the construction process so you can see the finished product.)

No comments: