Saturday, November 3, 2007

31... and 4 cakes!

I must preface this by saying there have been years in the past when I haven't had ANY birthday cakes. Last year, for example. No cake, but I did go to an Aerosmith concert. This year? 4 cakes. Yep. F-O-U-R cakes, one brownie, and one chocolate chip cookie.
Cake #1- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake
(from my amazing visiting teacher, Jessica)

Cake #2- A GIGANTIC cake from Costco with TONS of frosting.
(The tutors in my classroom got this one for my 6th period class. They obviously like 6th period more than 8th period, since this cake was the more delicious of the two.)

Cake #3- Von's chocolate cake marketed as "the moistest cake ever"
(The second cake presented by the AVID tutors., Very moist.)

Cake #4- Albertson's white cake with strawberry filling
(From Merissa, one of my AVID juniors. Delicious. My friend's pretty much devoured this one last night.)

Brownie- Some type of weird fat free brownie that tasted... fat free AND
Chocolate chip cookie- Baked fresh by a loving CCSD lunch lady
(Thanks to C'Lee and Sadi. This was obviously the only type of cake-like substances the girls could find during their lunch hour, but the thought was very sincere.


So, yes. Lots of cake this year. Good birthday, overall.

p.s. Oh yeah, I also had dinner at one of my favorite sushi places with some of my favorite friends, got flowers (awww...) and balloons, cards from students, tons of texts, and heard from people I haven't talked to in a while. It really was a good day. 31 is seeming better all the time.

No comments: