Sunday, November 4, 2007

I Love Sushi.

I really do. Sushi Fever. I Love Sushi. Sushi Mon. WOW! Sushi. Even Kona Grill if I'm broke and desperate.

Just so this is really official, my favorite rolls are, in order of deliciousness:

Something's Wrong #7 (from Sushi Fever. I Love Sushi isn't quite as good.)
Japanese lasagne
Happy Birthday Special
Vegas 51 Special (only available at I Love Sushi)
Rock N Roll
Something's Wrong #15
Crazy Horse
Screaming Orgasm
Almost anything else with crab and cream cheese (without eel) is tied for 9th place.

The first time I went to Sushi Fever was for my birthday celebration almost exactly three years ago. As we walked in the front door, I asked some customers who were leaving if the sushi was good.
One of the girls got a big smile on her face and replied, "Oh my gosh! Screaming orgasm!"
I was a little shocked by her response. "Wow," I thought to myself. "This must be very good sushi."
My friends and I were surprised when, a few minutes later, we saw that Screaming Orgasm was one of the specialty rolls. Of course we ordered it right away.
So, this pic is a couple of years old, but it really reminds me of what good times are all about. Hanging out with my BFF, who's somehow very talented in flirting with older men, who then offer to pay for our sushi, in the days when each sushi chef knew us by name. Seriously. Things can't get much better than that.

1 comment:

Liliya said...

makes me hungry- i havent had any sushi since im here in DC- all quick lunch sandwiches and things. good times